Friday, September 13, 2013

Calligraphy Flourish Friday - No. 4 of Hymns That Last


This is the fourth page in my Hymns That Last journal:
Crown Him with Many Crowns by Matthew Bridges, 1851 (Alt. Godfrey Thring, 1874).  I love this hymn.  The full list of 27 "Hymns That Last" can be found HERE.

The Calligraphy Guild of Indiana will be hosting a weekend workshop with Reggie Ezell October 5-6, 2013.  If you are interested in attending, then please read more about the workshop by CLICKING HERE.

If you did not see the story on NBC Nightly News regarding penmanship this past Sunday, then here is a link to the full story.  The third video down is an interview with Michael Sull.
For the Full Story, CLICK HERE.

Finally, although this information is not calligraphy related, some of you many find the following information as useful as we have.  Should you ever want or need to know how the US government rates a particular nursing home, then go to www.medicare.gov (NOT medicare.com) and use their Nursing Home Compare tool.  A nursing home may appear to be first rate, but it's difficult to make an accurate assessment.  Medicare's Nursing Home Compare tool allows you to see how the nursing homes in a particular city or zip code compare to each other on various and important criteria: CLICK HERE
If the link doesn't work, then go to: www.medicare.gov and click on Find Nursing Homes.   

Enjoy your weekend.
Go forth and flourish!
(Happy Birthday, Sue!!)

3 comments:

  1. Hello Jane. As always, you did a beautiful job with this next hymn. I like the way you added in the crowns too - nice touch. Also, thanks for giving the link for the videos about cursive writing. It saddens me deeply to think that cursive is being thrown out. Such a shame. Thanks for the nursing home link too. I'm going to check that one out when I get the chance. Have a great weekend. Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you sell prints of these? This one would be a great gift for my husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to contact me via email. See the "About Me" page for my address. I regularly sell prints of my work, and I would be happy to discuss making a print for you. Thanks for your interest in my work, Christy!

      Delete

I appreciate comments and love to hear from my readers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails